Thursday, February 28, 2013

There is the sun!

I mostly had the entire pool to myself.  The water was about
84° F and the water was clean, blue and clear!  Loved it!
This morning I woke up to an alarm that was set for 6:30am.  It felt so good to sleep in.  Last night we pulled  in to Cathi's parents winter home in St. George.  This morning I got up and grabbed a Chobani and drove to Summit Athletic Club in St. George.  I swam there once a couple years ago and it was worth it!  I swam the following as the sun shone down on my back and the water felt so good!

50 anti paddles
100 finger paddles no strap
200 - 2 x weighted free 25, 75 free
400 kick with fins
600 paddles only (1st set - agility paddles, 2nd set - star trek paddles)
800 - 4 x 200 IM :10 ri
1000 pull (second set, no equipment)

Total distance: 6,300 yards in 2:00

Then swam the same thing backwards.   The price to get in is a little pricey for a non-member ($10), but I did my weight training there too which was awesome.  They have a super sweet gym.  The place is clean and classy.  I totally would have that be my home gym if I lived in St. George.

As I was slowly getting dried off by the poolside (hard to say goodbye to all this sunshine), I saw a guy walk into the pool area in street clothes and sit down on a deck chair and start to read.  He looked just like my old quorum adviser when I was 16, Rick Harrison.  I walked over and asked if his last name was Harrison and he said "Yes".  It was a pleasure to talk to him for a minute and find out that his family is all doing well and living in Davis county.  He looked almost the same as he did 20 years ago when I last saw him.


No comments: