Friday, February 1, 2013

The CC swim attempt is official

List of past swims to demonstrate that I'm not some
putz who doesn't have a clue.  I know what I'm getting
into.  Heaven help me.
This morning I put all my application, medical paperwork from CCSF in the mail this morning with the $525 to swim the solo on August 14th.  I also have my crew formed and training is going well.

Went up to see Goody this morning and met his sister Jen.  When I got there at Huntsman he was in the middle of an interview with Gentry Reinhart, the reporter from the Standard-Examiner who did an article on him.  It was cool to hear some of the answers to a couple questions that he was asked related to his work and personal life that I didn't know.

Swam at NWRC this morning and did:

400 - 4 x 100's free easy on 1:30
600 - 8 x 75's stroke/free/stroke on 1:45
1200 - 3 x (300 pull, 4 x 25's free sprint on :30)
400 - 8 x 50's kick with fins
100 easy

Do the above again!

Then do an additional 200 yards easy

5600 yards total in 2:10  including a small break in the middle to get a pure protein bar.  My legs were feeling "drained" and low on energy.  Felt much better after that, and finished the workout.




No comments: