Monday, March 4, 2013

Toying with an idea

Last night Cathi and I sat down with out calendars to plan out the year's scheduling of our events.  She is hoping to do 20 marathons this year.  Wow!  I noticed that the weekend of July 4th this year was open, so I asked her about the possibility of swimming the length of Lake Tahoe that weekend.  We would have plenty of time to travel there with the holiday, and have the option of swimming either the 5th or the 6th depending on weather forecasts.

Sent Karen and Jamie an email asking about water temps that time of year.  If it's 59 or 60 then I think it's doable for me, but much colder and that would be a issue.

This morning after my legs weight training I got to the pool and did Andy's workout twice:

400 - 300 free, 100 kick
400 pull
1600 - 2 x 2 x 400 first pull, second 4 x 100 IMs repeat
800 - 2 x ( 200 bilateral breathing, 4 x 50's breath every 7 down, 5 back)

Do the above workout twice.  On the second round instaed of pulling on the 400's do kick with fins.
Then finish with 100 easy at the end

6,500 yards total in 2:00

Stayed up pretty late last night finalizing the registration page for the Great Salt Lake Open Water Marathon.

1 comment:

Josh said...

Dang! You are a marathon swimming machine!