Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Always a bigger fish

This morning when I got in the pool I saw a guy swimming on the far end, that at first glance didn't look like he was booking it based on the lack of spash and quick churning of his arms.  But I noticed a strong even stroke and that his 50 splits were about 33 seconds.  Pretty quick for someone I've never seen before.  I looked closer and thought it was Matt Chamberlain, but it wasn't.

Made me curious who this stranger was and if he was visiting from out of state, or what.  But he kept doing flip turns so I finally got on with my workout.  He got out after I did my first thousand so I didn't get a chance to talk to him.  Maybe tomorrow if he shows up.

8000 - 4 x 2000 free odd no equipment focus on a good exhale and bilateral breathing.  second set - pull big paddles, then agility paddles on 4th set
200 - 2 x ( 25 one arm fly, 50 free easy, 25 one arm fly)

8,200 yards total in 2:05

I made my juice blend, but this time only put in one scoop of perpetuem, one scoop of whey protein and a can of lite fruit cocktail (with all the fruit treasures to chew on).  It tasted much better, but still less tasty than what I used to do, which was adding about 16 ounces of grape juice and 8 ounces of pineapple juice.  Which is actually quite a bit.  One can of light fruit cocktail that has no high fructose corn syrup in it, is a better option I think.

But tomorrow evening I'm planning to attend a nutrition seminar, given by Pro Cyclist Breanne Nalder, who also happens to have a Masters degree in nutrition.  Should have some pretty good information that I can learn from.



No comments: