Saturday, January 19, 2013

Saturday with the Fantastic 4, minus the fourth.

This morning when I woke up my shoulder was in so much pain!  Last night Cathi and I did our new resistance training workout that we were assigned, and while it was mostly biceps and upper back, my left shoulder could definitely feel it this morning!  I took 4 ibupofen and went to finish some things at the office.  Then hurried off to NWRC for some swimming:

1000 - 10 x 100's IM
1000 - 1000 kick with fins
1000 - 10 x 100's (50 free, 50 swim)
1000 - 10 x 100's free with small paddles on 1:30
By this point, all pain in my shoulder was gone and I was able to do these pretty strong.  Got 1:12-1:18 on all of them and felt great!
500 - 100 kick, free, kick, free, kick
500 - 2 x (100 IM, 75 back, 50 breast, 25 free)

5,000 yards total in 1:25

Then hurried off to the marina to meet up with Josh and Jim.  The "Fantastic 4" isn't the same without G4.  Jim measured the water at 29f.  It was definitely a shocker getting in.  I wasn't about to swim.  I just got in to my neck and enjoyed the coolness for one minute exactly, then I got out.  It was pleasant this time to enjoy it without going through the worst part - recovery.  When you're only in for a minute, there really isn't any recovery to deal with.  It was good to get together and Jim snapped some sweet pics.

Next Saturday is the NDPA Freezin' for a reason dip.  It'll be easy peasy.

No comments: