Thursday, January 3, 2013

It's an incentive, not bribery.

With the recent race results, I have a nice pair of faux-sheepskin gloves for Jim, who was the winner of "The Longest person in the water" award from New Years.

With my time, I was able to hang on to the kayak, which I was hoping would incent someone like James Jonsson, or Wes Johnson to come out and kick my butt.  But it failed.  So now I'm going to incent people to register with USMS, and align with Salt Lake Open Water Club.(SLOW)  Rules are very simple.  I will take a listing of all registered swimmers with USMS and SLOW on this list, on March 20th, the first day of spring.  Anyone on the list will be in the drawing for the kayak, and I will draw a number using an online number generator.  The person who's number is picked, wins the kayak.  Register here.

So keep this info to yourself, or be unselfish and encourage people who are on the fence about USMS registration, or typically go UNAT, and have them join SLOW!  There is one catch. The winner has to come get the kayak, so if some dude from Florida joins SLOW, it's his responsibility to come get it.  I'm not paying for shipping.

This morning I was on my own at NWRC and did:

1000 warmup - 500 free/500 fins
1000 pull large paddles - 10 x 100's on 1:30 easy intensity(got @ 1:20 -22)
1000 back/breast/free x 3 + last 100 IM
1000 no strap paddles - 10 x 100's on 1:30 medium intensity(got @ 1:20 -22)
1000 - 4 x (100 IM, 75 breast, 50 back, 25 free)
1000 finger paddles STRONG - 10 x 100's on 1:30 (got @ 1:10-13)
50 grandpa

6050 total in 1:55

Last night I did a presentation to about 50 teenagers on my EC crossing.  I thought I sucked.  Cathi said it was good, but I didn't feel  like I presented very well.  I'm a much better writer than public speaker, that's for sure.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
This evening I was in the mood to get even more, so I stopped at NWRC for 40 minutes and did 2000 free straight.  Took 32 minutes.  Then an additional 50 breast.

8100 total for the day

1 comment:

Jim Hubbard said...

Thanks for the gloves. Can I wear them on the next ice swim?