Monday, May 2, 2011

Testing the shoulder

I was worried all weekend about my shoulder because even though I didn't swim, just doing simple daily activities like lifting a gallon of milk in just the right way caused a sharp stabbing pain in my right shoulder.  It didn't take very much force.  So this morning's swim was accompanied by a few prayers.

I started out doing a very easy freestyle stoke without much pressure on the pull motion, but again within 10 yards it was painful.  So I went right into kicking...

25 yards free
25 breast
400 - 4 x 100's kick with fins
100 back easy with fins

400 - 4 x 100's kick with fins
100 back easy with fins
100 breast
100 back
400 - 4 x 100's kick with fins
500 back

2550 yards total

I was talking with Jared Edge by the side of the pool and he mentioned that he tore both shoulders and gave a description of the same type of movement that actually causes me pain.  He said it took him 6 months to get where he could swim comfortably again after his injury.  What!   I don't have six months.  I'm going to go see the Dr, and get his opinion.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

GL buddy. Hope you get healed soon. I'm really looking forward to some summer swims with you and want you to be there.