Thursday, May 19, 2011

Day One of Utah State High School Waterpolo Championships

South Davis Rec Center (SDRC) is hosting the High School State Championships for Waterpolo and today was day one.  They had a poster set up for over a week saying that the competition pool would be closed, but I know better.  When they say closed, they're talking the deep end and a few lanes in the shallow.  There are still three lanes that are available.  But they want to lead on that they're closed so that nobody gets ticked when they have to share a lane.  But I was surprised that I was able to have a lane all to myself tonight.

There was enough male testosterone in the pool and in the stands to kill a male elephant.  It was crazy.  It's been a while since I've been to a High School event like that where everyone is yelling, screaming, pounding on stuff.  Not sure if that's why tonight's swim was awesome, but I don't care.  I was a little worried that with the lack of energy this morning that tonight's swim wouldn't be good as yesterdays.  It was even better. I was holding longer strokes and they were stronger.  I went faster and didn't have any aches.  

1000 free
100 back
1000 free
100 back
1000 free
100 back
1000 free

6500 yards total

That makes today's grand total 18,000 yards (over 10 miles)

Only thing that sucks is that I am so busy when I get home that I don't get to bed until now (10:20) and have to get up in 5 1/2 hours.  Definitely not enough sleep!  But I'll have to just deal with it for two more days.  I can sleep on Sunday (hopefully).

No comments: