Wednesday, May 4, 2011

First GSL Swim this year

Josh, Goody and me after the swim.  
I met Josh and Goody at the GSL Marina and also Paul who took pictures for the Utah State Parks.  I was nervous about my shoulder but figured I could get at least 1/2 mile or so without trouble.  We left the boat ramp at the end of the parking lot and went out of the marina and along the buoy line.  We went to the end of the green row.  My shoulder didn't give me any pain whatsoever.  I was so happy about that!  So we swam back.  When I got water in my mouth I was so excited to be swimming in the GSL that I didn't mind at all.  It actually put me in the mood for a big salt pretzel from Vozen's.

The sun was shining and there was only a slight breeze from the north.  It was perfect weather.  The back of my legs kept hitting my SSD.  Next time I'll go without it.  An SSD is major overkill in the GSL.   First of all there are no boats.  Plus if you have trouble in the GSL, just hold still.  I mostly used it to store my gatorade among other things in case I wanted a drink while out there.  But I was fine.  
Josh's family was there when we got out, and Jake got in just as we got out.  If Paul wasn't there we would've waited, but he wanted to take pictures and get on his way.






I'm so pleased that I didn't have shoulder issues.  I'll definitely be back in the pool tomorrow.  Hopefully I can get back on track and not have to delay my GSL swim.  I haven't had a good solid swim in over a week!

No comments: