Friday, March 21, 2014

What fuels you? Consider the power of a Buzz Bite!

In the morning on the way to the pool, I fuel up with:

With my workout being so early in the morning the Buzz Bite provides both energy as well as wakes me up!
  
If I'm doing a long swim, I'll also take another one after a few hours so that I don't constantly wind my energy down, but spawn a second wind.  Here's an example of what Josh observed from my performance during one of my long swims a couple years ago after taking a buzz bite:
"Gordon and I are pretty well matched as far as pace goes (at least over short distances, he kicks my butt over long distances) and we swam side by side for most of my time in the water.
Swimming the length of Bear Lake (19 miles)
At about mile 12 we stopped for a feeding and Gordon had a Buzz Bite.  I don't know what's in those things, but I need to get some because he TOOK OFF!  I was having a hard time keeping up with him and, after another mile, decided I wasn't doing him much good as a pacer and got back on the kayak.  I put in about 6 miles total and felt much faster and stronger that I did at Deer Creek.  I wanted to go further, but didn't want to slow Gordon down." - Utah Open Water, Josh Green
That really is my secret.  Caffeine is proven to be a significant performance enhancer that fortunately is legal in the sport.  And my preferred caffeine source is Buzz Bites.  I can put one in my mouth and suck on it while I swim.

I buy the 150 bulk container (bird feeder) and it lasts me several months.  Go order some here and you'll see an improvement in your training and your races.  If it doesn't work for you, it's probably not your fuel choice that is the problem.

No comments: