Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Getting a little nervous

This morning I had another realization about how so uneducated I am about New York City.  This morning at the end of my swim I was talking with a fellow swimmer about New York and she gave me a long list of things to go see.  Some of them I already was planning on, but some other things I hadn't heard about.  I'm nervous about getting there and failing to have sufficiently prepared myself geographically.

I have certainly done my swimming homework, but need to do more tourist homework.  Actually I'm going to see if I can delegate most of the itinerary planning to my Dad and Cathi.  I still would like to be educated about certain landmarks around the border of Manhattan especially.  That way when I see them, I recognize them and can understand their significance rather than note another cool looking building without knowing a thing about it.

Last night I had penned together this workout:

500 free
4200 - 4 x (3 x 75's drill,
                  5 x 25's sprint,
                  4 x 100's desc 1-4,
                  6 x 50's pull) rotate stroke IM Order :10 ri on each
2400 - 6 x 400's, kick w/fins/pull/free
1000 - 5 x 200's free on 2:50
400 - 4 x 100's desc 1-4 on 1:20
150 - 3 x 50's easy
100 IM

8,700 yards total in 2:50

Getting excited just thinking about it.

No comments: