Friday, February 3, 2012

Finally found the most tasty workout fuel so far

This morning when I woke up my shoulder was not feeling great and I was still so exhausted!  So I went back to bed and slept in.  Man that felt so good.  I had a busy day at work and got off at 4:30 pm then went over to SDRC on the way home and swam:

2000 free
2000 - 4 x 500's PT Paddle/no equip/finger paddles/Huge Paddles
2000 free
100 easy
900 - 9 x 100's kick with fins
1000 - 200's free, 100 back, 100 breast, 200 free, 100 back, 100 breast, 200 pull
2000 cruising pace


10,000 yards total in 2:35

When I got in the water my shoulder was only feeling like 75%, but by the time I got out, it felt like 95%.  I really enjoyed this swim cause I was alone and didn't feel pressured to go fast to hit certain times.  I really enjoyed today's pace.  Very relaxing and therapeutic for my shoulder.

Today's fuel source was fantastic!  I mixed Strawbery Perpetuem with 16 oz of water, and 8 ounces of pear juice.  Oh my gosh it was awesome.  What a treat!  I'm definitely going to reuse that recipe.

When I was finished I called Cathi on the way home and she was having a good time with the kids and said everything was fine and that she saved me some dinner.  What a dream woman!  She's so patient with me and the time I'm spending in the pool.  I'm so grateful for her!



2 comments:

Evan said...

Strawberry-Vanilla Perpetuem and pear juice! Wow, that sounds delicious. How did you decide on that recipe?

Gords said...

Just found a can of pears in the pantry and decided to dump the juice from that in there. It said it was pear juice concentrate so I thought I'd try it.