Friday, June 21, 2013

No more tears



This morning I used my special antifog spray that I mixed up.  Again, thanks to Open Water Chicago blog for the recipe.  Man that works even better than the Jaws Spit antifogger that I buy, and at a 10th of the price.  My little 3 ounce bottle will last me forever.  My goggles didn't even come close to fogging up the entire swim.

I was about 30 minutes late this morning, so I worked into where James and Paul were at, and stayed after to pick back up from the beginning, and then added a little more to get my goal for the day.  Here's what I did:

600 warmup - 400 free, 200 kick
500 - 200 pull, 200 buoy only, 100 - 4 x 25's fast on :30
400 - 4 x 100 IMs broken up by 50s
Then went back and did the prescribed workout from the board:
600 - 8 x 75's free/stroke/free on 1:15
1500 - 3 x (200 pull, 200 buoy only, 4 x 25's fast on :30)
200 kick with fins
200 IM
100 easy

4,100 yards total in 1:10

My Mom at the NWRC pool walking against the current.
Just as I was packing up my stuff I heard someone call my name from the other pool.  I looked over and my Mom was walking against the current in the winding river with all the other old ladies.  She was smiling real big and waved at me.

My parents both are are dry land people and never get in the water.  I've only seen my Dad in a pool once before in my entire life!  And this was probably my second time with my Mom.  If I didn't look so much like my uncles I would suspect I was adopted.

No comments: