Wednesday, December 19, 2012

I'm free!

My physical therapist, Grayson Doar after interviewing me and giving me a series of strength tests, said that I'm free to train at the level I'm comfortable with and within reason.  So this morning I met up with the Northwest Recreation Center masters group and did their workout with them:

I was late getting in and picked up where there were at:

150 free
500 - 2 x 250's free
400 Pull with huge paddles build by 50s
400 - 4 x 100 IMs (one arm fly) on 2:00
400 - 8 x 50's IM order sprint on 1:15 (lots of rest)
500 kick with fins
150 easy

1000 - 10 x 100's free no strap pulling on 1:40.  Long, deliberate pulls.  Not fast.
500 - 4 x 100's IM Order w/ 100 easy


Talked with Kevin and Jeff about the New Years race and getting out to GSL.  Not sure they're going to go for it.  It does take a lot of guts to even give it a try.

Met Wayne who is in the far right with the white cap.
This morning I met Wayne, who was swimming in the next lane over.  I recognized him from SDRC and asked him if he swam there.  Not only that, but he swam the One Mile GSL race last year!  He said he hated it.  I was sad to hear that.  I told him that the GSL is the best place to identify flaws in the timing with breathing.  Cause if you don't get your timing right and breath in with water, you'll pay the price.  He's training for the St. George Half Ironman next year.  What a stud.  Over 60 and still kicking butt.


After all this talk, I was out of time and did a cool down:

400 pull easy

4400 yards total in 1:30  Felt great!  No shoulder issues.  Wish I had time for more.

Looking forward to the ice swim tomorrow afternoon!


No comments: