Thursday, July 21, 2011

Unlimited Vision

Underwater push cam
Going from OW to a chemically balanced pool with underwater lights is so dramatic!  I love being able to see underwater so clearly in a pool.  The two best OW lakes I've swam with this type of effect are Lake of the Woods, and Bear Lake.  But the visibility in those are about 15 feet and that's it.

This morning I got up at 5:45 and was in the water at 6:35am.  Today is a double scoop day.  One scoop of swimming in the morning, and one this evening at Bountiful Lake with Josh and a bunch of others.  This morning I did:

Kickboard cam
1000 free easy (enjoy the chlorine and the clean water!)
2000 pull w/ ankle strap strong (Man do I miss hand paddles and pull buoy!)
1000 kick with fins
800 - 16 x 50's one arm drill on :57
500 - 5 x 100's descend on 2:00.  Lots of rest, but really give quality descending (1:23, 1:18, 1:13, 1:10, 1:08)
100 easy


5400 yards total

Thoroughly enjoyed this workout!  Ninjagirl was in the lane next to me starting at the kicking set so it was good to get someone to help give me a fast pace.  I was pleased with the descending 100s free.  I was pleased to get under 1:10 on the last set.  Not too bad especially considering I haven't done ANY sprinting work in over two months.
Goofy looking Gords cam

No comments: