Monday, January 17, 1994

17 Jan 1994

800 - 400 swim, 400 kick

600 - 8 x 75's fast on 1:10

1000 - 5 x 200 reverse IM's on 4:00

500 - 10 x 50 reverse IM's on 1:50

50 - ez

100 - sprint (get under 1:00)

400 - warmdown

3450 total

I cramped up pretty bad today. I wasn't too upset because I went skiing all day and I did this workout just hours after I was done. I am bruised on my butt from falling, but I was improving drastically today. I feel like I can say "I can ski" if someone were to ask me.

About halfway through the workout, some guy came in and swam 10 x 100's on 2:00 and he was nailing the first one on 1:03 and the last one on 1:08. I was impressed. He tried racing me, but I let him go because I was doing IM's and there was no way I could keep up. He was talking to another swimmer there and asked him if he was going into the Intramural swim meet for Ricks. I see this guy as my main competitor. However, we will see how many times he comes to workout. I am prepared to beat him, no matter how fast he swims in workouts and how long he can keep his endurance. I am stoked to beat him. I have already put down a few pointers before a race.

1. Visualize the race

2. Pray

3. stretch (so you don't cramp up)

4. Eat a good breakfast with lots of carbohydrates

5. Sleep the night before well.

6. Drink OJ 15-30 minutes before the race

7. Get ticked off. Get psyched.

I was even thinking about shaving my head, but please! This is only fetchin' Ricks College. I can handle it without even shaving my arms or legs. I'll let the mind overtake the weakness of my body.

No comments: