Thursday, September 12, 2013

Meeting Lynne Cox

This afternoon I arrived at the Long Beach airport and quickly rented a car and made it to a little coffee shop to meet up with Lynne Cox.  We talked about all sorts of things, from ice swimming to Lake Baikal, and a lot about open water safety.   We talked for well over an hour and enjoyed every minute.  She signed the books I brought and left a neat little message in each one.  I asked about her availability to possibly visit Utah, but the publishers of the book arrange all the locations and her public speaking is for large corporations.  So it seems very unlikely that we'll get her to come visit Utah, but it was worth a try.

She suggested that after the ice swims that I try active recovery rather than inactive.  I'm going to have to try that.  She cautioned me in several things and I took it to heart.  She is a very wise and experienced swimmer.  I really appreciated that she took the time out of her busy schedule to talk and share her wisdom!  So happy.


No comments: