Saturday, December 14, 2013

Meetings, Meetings...

This morning I swam with Kris and Matt.  Followed Craig's workout which ultimately came to 4500 yards total.  Afterwards joined the SDM coaches for the monthly meeting which was very productive.

Then went to the Utah LMSC Board meeting and that too was productive.

I don't have the details of the sets of today's workout, but Kris did calculate it at the end and it came to 4,500 yards.  Tonight I'm going to a team party held at the theater watching the Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug.

I talked Cody (and possibly Kris) into meeting me and a bunch of other folk next Thursday out at the Marina for a Ice swim for a cap earning expedition.  Very excited about that.

Last night Micky Poole met Goody and I out there and we all got in the water for 60 seconds.  The thermometer on my digital read 29.1.  The website said 30.  Goody and I agreed that 30 or below temps are significantly different than below 40 and the 2 minute requirement can drop to 1 minute once the temp gets to 30.

Once it gets below 20 we'll probably drop it to 30 seconds or something.  You can feel the blood in your veins start to crystallize.  But it's only temporary.

I'm noticing pics from Nuala Moore come in on FB from Russia showing some serious heroes of mine swimming in the 2013 Winter Swimming Championships. Man if I won a ton of money I would go to this event!  It looks so fun!


No comments: