Thursday, August 9, 2012

Update: 1 AM (Friday) England Time

Via phone call from Cathi:
Capt. told Gordon if he keeps going as is he could be done in an hour....so he is really pouring it on.   He is doing about 70 strokes a minute.    At the last feeding he passed up some  chicken nuggets and only wants liquids for the rest of the time.

Skies are clear--starry.   Water is calm.    This is better than ever!  

If you look at the map it appears he could possibly miss the cape point.    We mentioned this to Cathi and she said they are aware of this BUT the capt. is expecting the tide to shift any minute and that will automatically move him eastward without him having to expend extra energy.    

I will call back to Cathi in about 30 minutes to see if they have yet noticed any change in the tide.  

Keep on!    Marcia.

10 comments:

Mac G said...

WOW! This is totally better than watching the Olympics. Stay strong Gordon, you are so close!

Jake Green said...

GO GORDS!!!! You are kicking butt!!!!!!! I'm tearing up just thinking of the awesome finish, what an achievement you are accomplishing :D

DD said...

I wish this was like facebook and I could "like" others' comments...I totally agree with Mac G and Jake Green.
70 strokes a minutes WOW!
Cathi's description describes it beautifully. I hope Cathi or Austin got lots of video footage!

DD said...

Cathi and Jacob; I should say.

Matt Gerrish said...

Only a badass like Gords would pass up chicken nuggets. The end is in sight. Time to really crank it up. Gooooo!!!

Unknown said...

Susie Dods texted me. All of San Fran is behind you. GO GORDS!!!!!!!!

Russell said...

I agree. It has been so exciting to watch. I have coworkers that are off work but are not leaving because the want to see the ending. Way to go Gordon. You are so close. Keep going strong!!

Kristen said...

Gordon you ROCK!! I think you are WAY cooler than the olympic swim marathoners!! You are our swimming idol for sure. Go Gords Go!!!

Jim Hubbard said...

Gordon, you are my hero.

Anonymous said...

It looks like you're on your way back to England! So proud of you!!! I have tears in my eyes. Great job. Also, nice job with the updates, Marcia