Wednesday, August 8, 2012

The Day Before

This morning after breakfast, Cathi got up and ran to Dover from Folkestone.  We gave her a 30 minute headstart, and then the whole crew drove down there, where Josh and I did one lap in Dover Harbor.  It was really foggy on the way there, but then it cleared out.  It has been raining off and on all day.

We went back to the store for more last minute preparations for feeds.  Cathi has been busy all afternoon preparing the feeds into bags so that she is totally organized and aware of where things are.



The first group of swimmers were originally supposed to go at 3am this morning, but the pilot cancelled until 2pm today, thanks to rainy weather.

I just talked to my pilot and I'm meeting him at the docks in Dover Marina at 2pm (7am Utah time).  So there you have it:  2pm meeting, @3:30pm start time.  Keep an eye on this map for when we start.

4 comments:

Kristen said...

Yeah!! I'm so excited for you! Enjoy it all. Cathi- how fun to run in England. I'll be watching.

Anonymous said...

GO GORDS GO!!!

dbarra said...

Have a great swim!

swimfin said...

So excited for you to finally be swimming the Channel! Good luck, I'll be thinking of you tomorrow. You've put in the training now just enjoy the ride.