Thursday, August 9, 2012

The fog is clearing

Just like yesterday morning, it's really foggy.  But it cleared by 10am yesterday and I expect the same today. This journey for me has felt like a very long time.  I've had so much support along the way by my family and I just wanted to thank them this morning.

It takes a lot of training to prepare for this, and that takes time.  And that is a sacrifice on their part.  I've made a lot of new friends along the way and what a blessing!  I'm so very grateful for the ride, no matter what happens!

For my Utah friends,  keep an eye on Channel 5.  Alan Neves, a photographer from KSL is going to join us on the boat taking video.  That should be fun, now my big butt is gonna even make a broader appearance for public display.  Gords in a speedo is not something you wanna see on TV just as you wake up.  You might get morning sickness without expecting.

Huge thanks to all you friends for your support and prayers during my swim which starts in about 6 hours from now.

Signing off... and handing over the mic to my Mom, Marcia...


3 comments:

Russell said...

Go Gordon! We are excited for you and we are cheering you on.

Slade said...

Remember there are a LOT of folks here cheering for you! Go for it Gordon! Do it!

jralphs said...

Go Gordon.... Time to swim your butt off.