Saturday, December 10, 2011

Another milestone reached - 4 million yards in a pool

Today I passed the 4 million yards in a pool mark.  Every single yard of that 4 million is logged here.  It does NOT include open water swims, just pool workouts.

Today's workout was at Layton Surf N' Swim since Cathi agreed to meet me there by running there.  I was in the water at 0720 and quickly remembered why I quit swimming there.  It was 85°F.  The water is clean and I really dig the ultraviolet underwater lights, but it's just to dang hot for lap swimming in.

2000 free
2000 pull
2000 free
2000 pull
1000 kick
1000 - 5 x 200's stroke
2300 free

Cathi finally showed up and I just Grandpa swam with her.  (Various breast, free, back and one armed fly sets)
This was her first time doing laps in about three years.  So she didn't have to do much to get out of breath.  Weird cause I couldn't run with her, she's too in shape for me.

1300 yards


13,600 yards total


2 comments:

LoneSwimmer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
LoneSwimmer said...

You & Jim Fitzpatrick are a perfect match. I'm always happy when I go over 1,000,000 metres.

.