Monday, November 1, 2010

And Then Some...

I've been feeling sleep deprived lately, so I slept in a little this morning even though I got lots of sleep this weekend.  I also thought of the title of my book, when I finally write it:  "And Then Some".   I'll expound in the book obviously...

Here's today's workout that I came up with on the fly:

2000 - 2000 yards straight.  Moderate and stretch out stroke
400 - 4 x 100's kick no fins
200 free easy
400 - 4 x 100's IMs odd fast, even drill
2000 - 4 x 500's pull using tempo trainer.  :58, 1:00, 1:02, 1:04 last 50 of each 500 no paddles on 8:00
1000 - 4 x 4 x 4 - make the 100's descend on 1:30

6000 yards total

Tonight I went to the Lifeguard Training class at SDRC.  Craig Barnes was there and was giving me a hard time for training be a lifeguard.  Dude, its my personal key to staying young.  I want to be able to understand my 14 year old with all the cool new jargon and what better place to be embedded in the young crowd than at the pool as a lifeguard?

Anyhow, today's "test" for whether I'd be a decent candidate for the class consisted of:

300 yards (100 free, 100 breast, 100 free)
50 yards ( swim 25 yards to the deep end, dive down 12 feet, pick up the black rubber brick with two hands and keep both hands on it at all times and then swim back to the shallow end.

What a piece of cake!

Then we went to class for about an hour and discussed negligence, abandonment, and Good Samaritan laws. Then they dismissed since we didn't have books and they didn't have a video machine.  So I went back to the pool and swam 1650 yards more.

Total daily yardage: 8000 yards

2 comments:

Josh said...

Did you end up getting a lifeguard job at SDRC? My cousin used to lifeguard there.

Gords said...

Yes. SDRC is the best facility I've been to in Davis County for training and I'd LOVE to get a free membership as a part time employee!