Monday, November 22, 2010

Acting dumb

This morning I got up early for a long swim, but Layton Surf N' Swim was closed due to the heater going out and the water being "too cold".  I was like "It's probably just right then since it's usually too warm anyway."  But the lifeguard wasn't having it.  So I drove to SDRC.  Thank goodness for a backup plan.

When I got to the pool Tim was there and asked, hey are you swimming alone?  I said well Yes.  Then I was like "I don't have a membership yet and wasn't sure how much the charge was for Masters.  So how much is it?"  I didn't want to say, Look I'm going for yardage today and don't want to work on short speed sets.  So I played dumb and just swam in the Northern lanes by myself.  Here's what I did:

4000 yards free strong
1000 - 2 x 500's kick with fins
3000 pull w/ ankle strap
1000 - timed 1000.   Go fast (13:52)
1000 - 10 x 100's odd IM on 1:45, even free on 1:30

10,000 yards total

Felt great!

No comments: