Monday, January 25, 2010

Banking 100s

400 (100 swim kick pull swim)

3500 - 5x [5x100 1:30 bank] [8x25 back on :30] take extra :15 between these
300 warmdown, down breast arms w fly kick back breast arms with free kick

total 4200

Some guy next lane over was holding @1:20 bases on 400 free sets. Pretty impressive. Shared a lane with Shiny. Today's workout was kind of easy. I was banking pretty much on every set. And I shortened the rest time from :30 to :15 in between each major set.

Got an email from Neil Phillips last night. He's the first guy to swim the length of Bear Lake. He was warning me about the sun, the currents and the cold. I'm getting excited for it.

4 comments:

Josh said...

Sounds like you are getting everything worked out for Bear Lake. Did Neil or John warn you about the Bear Lake Monster?

Gords said...

I'm a cynic, so I don't believe in that kind of carp. I mean crap. :)

Josh said...

You never know...I didn't believe in the Bountiful Lake Monster until it bit me. That one is definitely not a tourism marketing scheme.

Seriously though, I'm really excited for you and would love to help you any way that I can (even if it's being bait for the Bear Lake Monster).

Gords said...

Haha, yeah that's one to really beware of. Thanks for the offer. I'll take you up on it. Plan on July 3rd.