Thursday, September 25, 2008

Crashing head first again!

Today I took Austin with me to the pool. I got in a couple minutes before he did and when he joined me in the lane I assumed he would see me swimming "halfsies". But he wasn't paying much attention and bam! We collided headfirst in the middle of the lane. Wasn't as bad as a couple days ago with the grown man who made the same mistake, but it scared me a little.

I helped Austin with his technique a little. His main thing is getting his head a little deeper in the water so his legs come up more. I guess that's the main thing I take for granted. Being comfortable with my head underwater so that when I breathe my mouth barely comes out and I don't bring my head out at all.

Here's what I did:

1000 - Free (15:38) Including the time to collide and explain to Austin the swimming pattern.
1000 - 5 x 200's Pull on 3:00 (Did these on around 2:30-2:40)
1000 - Free fast (14:25)
200 - 2 x 100's IM

3200 Yards total

No comments: