Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Year of the Brine Shrimp

This morning I was out at the marina at 6:15am and did two laps of the Gridley Straight (strict school teacher version).  I went around the red buoys both times.  The water was clear as glass and the swim was spent thinking about brine shrimp, brine flies, and Greg Mockett's planned swim today.

This morning he is planning to do an individual attempt (with his kayaker) from Antelope Island To Black Rock.  He has arranged it with Dave Shearer to take him out there by boat.  He's one lucky guy.  Not many people get this opportunity.

I just got a text from him saying he completed it in 4:24.  I'll post pictures and quote his story here once I get them.  Another person is in the books!


Total Distance for today: 4.2 miles in 2:04


Here is Greg's Map of his actual course.












And here is his video:

1 comment:

Keith said...

Great day for a swim! Your kayaker / videographer did a good job. You were in great form, Gordon!