Thursday, August 18, 2011

Wow, I'm sore

No shoulder issues at all, but I'm even more sore today in the chest and lats than I was yesterday.  That weight training session I did on Tuesday evening was more intense than I thought.  I wanted to swim at GSL this morning, but my mouth is still pretty swollen from yesterday's swim, so I swam at SDRC to give my mouth a break:

1000 - 10 x 100's easy on 1:45
1000 - 1000 kick with fins
2000 - 2000 straight pull w/ankle strap and paddles
200 - 100 IM, 100 free easy


4200 yards total


Tonight is my Mom's Birthday party so I'm gonna have to miss an OW get together at GSL.  And tomorrow is Cathi and my 17th anniversary.  Then I head up with the scouts to Ephraim's Grave so it's gonna be a busy weekend without much swimming.  Hoping I can get something in though on both days.  We'll see.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your mouth is sore? From what part of swimming?

Anonymous said...

your mouth is sore? from what part of swimming?

Gords said...

The Great Salt Lake. It's so salty that anything over 3 miles starts to take a real toll on the inside of your mouth even though the amount of water that gets in your mouth is very small over that period of time. Every summer we have a race out there. You ought to come up to Utah and try it! It'll be an adventure you'll never forget!