Friday, March 20, 2009

Starting Over

I reread this page looking for tips to prepare for the channel swim and the first thing that came up was Bilateral breathing again! I remember saying several times, "If I could start over, I would learn to breathe on both sides".

Well that's what I did today. At least I'm going to learn to breathe on the left side just as comfortably as the right side. So today I didn't take one single breath on the right side. Once I go about a month of breathing on the left then I'll alternate to breathing every third stroke so I don't go lopsided on the left side too. It felt like I was running backwards, it was kind of awkward, but I got used to it. At first I didn't feel like I was getting enough air, but I kept telling myself, "Your getting just as much air you doof. You're just experiencing something new, so just deal with it!"

Did the traditional routine and my times weren't that slower than normal. In fact they were right on (except my 1000 warmup was a minute slower):

1000 - 1000 Warmup
1000 - 2 x (100 flykick, 100 freekick, 100 fly kick on back, 100 flutter kick, 100 Free) first set with fins.
1000 - 10 x 100's pull on 1:30 (all under 1:15)
100 Breast
100 Fast (1:10)

3200 Yards total

No comments: