Friday, March 27, 2009

New PR in the 1650 - 21:09

This evening I swam the first event of Utah State Championships. The 1650 (They call it 1 mile even though its a little short. 1800 yds is a mile people!).

I did it 21:16 last November and that was pushing it. My goal was to do it in 21:30. I didn't consider that I would go faster! I don't feel like I'm as in good of shape as last November. Well surprise surprise. I did do better. I was wearing some legskins that I bought so some of that speed may have come from that. Who knows.

Anyhow my time came in at 21:09.10. I'm very pleased. Second place overall. I was leading the first 500 and then I slowed up and let the guy trailing me take the lead. His seed time was almost a minute faster than mine. My goal was just to not let him lap me more than once. Well at the end he was only one length ahead and he beat me by 19 seconds. I think he was in a different age group, so I took first for my age group.
From Swimming


So my goal for this November in the 1650 is to get under 21:00. That would be awesome.

Cathi brought the whole crew (except Austin who went to the club). The kids had a ball running around at the top of the natatorium at SDRC. Since they only did the 400 IM and the 1650 free tonight and the rest of the events are tomorrow morning, it wasn't crowded at all. In fact, I was a little disappointed with the amount of competition.

No comments: