Thursday, September 23, 2010

BL swim cut short only to be slightly aggravated at Clearfield

This morning I was planning on doing 4 laps at Bountiful lake this evening. But then I got a Google calendar reminder about teaching a private swim lesson to one of my scouts. So I only did 2 1/2 laps so that I could get to Clearfield pool in time. During my BL swim I really focused on having my hands enter the water first and relaxed with my fingers slightly spread out. The lake was its typical murky color so I couldn't really tell if I was totally clear of bubbles on my pull but I suspect it was alot better than normal.

BL swim = @ 2.7 miles

I got to Clearfield and paid the terribly overpriced fee of $5.50. There was only one lap lane so I did some circle swimming while I was waiting for my scout. I swam for about 20 minutes when a ton of 14 year old girls jumped in (probably about 10 of them) and then had a couple of adults attempt to give them a workout. These were girls that had terrible form and swam about as good as 12 year old scouts. I was thinking. "I only have to deal with these girls for about 10 minute before they'll give up and get out."

But they kept dragging it out and dragging it out. There were so many of them and they were going so slow, that they took an entire 1/2 side of a lane all the way to the other side. So I was pretty much doing a bunch of kicking sets, and stopping short of doing full lengths so I can stay in the front and not get stuck behind them. It was getting really annoying. I got stood up by my scout, but I think it was because Cathi assumed I forgot when they called to confirm and told them I probably forgot. Well I did in the morning but thanks to Google Calendar, I was reminded. So it was just some miscommunication.

That was the biggest rip off of $5.50 swimming I ever had. Every time I swim at Clearfield I wonder what the heck I was thinking going there in the first place. I really hate that place!
You can't do speedwork cause the pool is like 88 degrees. So I ended up doing ALOT of drills:

500 yards straight
1500 - 10 x 150's pull on 2:30 (focus on recovery, hand entry, and getting efficient pull in quiet water)
1000 - 10 x 100's kick

3000 yards total

No comments: