Thursday, September 16, 2010

You know you're a swimmer when....

You're too lazy to walk around the lake, and would rather swim around it.  

Tonight on the way home from work, I went to Bountiful Lake and put flyers around for Austin's Eagle Project on September 25th.  I got about 1/3 way around on the south side and thought.  "I don't want to walk all the way around this, I'd rather swim around it."  So I placed the last flyer, walked back to the car the way I came, hurried into my suit and did one quick lap around the lake.  I was in a race against the sunset.  I didn't want to finish when the sun was down.  There was still a ton of fishermen out and I didn't want them to say,  "Oh I couldn't see you when I pulled on the line and hooked you".  

So I did one lap in 27:37.  I also went further cause I had to go out a way from shore when I got to the docks and then moved back to normal position.  So the lap was for sure a good 1.1 miles.  The temp was also perfect as I was getting in.  It definitely wasn't 62 degrees like it was yesterday morning.  In fact, I'm planning on coming again first thing tomorrow as well.  I need as much low temp water as possible before it gets totally unbearable.

1 comment:

Josh said...

I love swimming in the evening. If I didn't have so many things going on after work I think I would do it more often.

Sabrina always catches me checking out lakes, ponds and reservoirs while we are driving around and just rolls her eyes and says "I guess you want to swim there too."