Thursday, September 16, 2010

You know you're a swimmer when....

You're too lazy to walk around the lake, and would rather swim around it.  

Tonight on the way home from work, I went to Bountiful Lake and put flyers around for Austin's Eagle Project on September 25th.  I got about 1/3 way around on the south side and thought.  "I don't want to walk all the way around this, I'd rather swim around it."  So I placed the last flyer, walked back to the car the way I came, hurried into my suit and did one quick lap around the lake.  I was in a race against the sunset.  I didn't want to finish when the sun was down.  There was still a ton of fishermen out and I didn't want them to say,  "Oh I couldn't see you when I pulled on the line and hooked you".  

So I did one lap in 27:37.  I also went further cause I had to go out a way from shore when I got to the docks and then moved back to normal position.  So the lap was for sure a good 1.1 miles.  The temp was also perfect as I was getting in.  It definitely wasn't 62 degrees like it was yesterday morning.  In fact, I'm planning on coming again first thing tomorrow as well.  I need as much low temp water as possible before it gets totally unbearable.
Post a Comment