Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Making up for tomorrow

Tomorrow is Jonas' Birthday. Instead of going swimming real early. I'm going to wake him up and give him a couple presents:
  1. 20 Questions electronic game
  2. The Monster at the end of this book

I'll have him play the game to see if it can figure out what we're going to have for breakfast (Pancakes at IHOP). Then after we order and we're waiting I'll have him open the book and read it to me. That was my favorite book when I was his age. He's getting to be quite the good reader.

Anyhow so I swam tonight instead of tomorrow morning so I got two workouts in today. Only thing is I'm limited to one hour when I swim at night so I ended up working on distance:

3000 - 3 x 1000's free - 1st bilateral, 2nd left only, 3rd right only
600 - Bilateral Free - nice and long strokes and slower

Problem with my bilateral is that I don't feel like I'm getting enough air. I'm exhaling all my air so it isn't that I'm keeping much CO2 in. It's just that I'm so used to breathing every stroke that I think I need that air at a faster rate. I'm fine when I breath just on the left or right, but that extra half stroke is giving me the same amount of air with 50% more work. So I'm going to have to get used to that.

No comments: