Thursday, July 19, 2012

Another one bites the dust

This morning on my way to Pineview coming down from Trappers Loop, I was cruising right along in the van, when I saw something about 20 yards ahead run across the road.  This time I was able to hit the brakes, but still I was going so fast and it wasn't stopping that it went right under my left front tire and it also went under the left rear tire.  It was a either a coyote or a fox.  It was grayish, so I'm leaning towards a coyote.

After my swim I went back through trappers loop hoping to get a closer look when it was daylight.  All I saw were some blood spatters on the road, but no carcass.  It had to be Wile E Coyote, cause that guy got hit by trucks all the time on the road and survived them all.

This morning I was in the water promptly at 0530 and did two large dam-buoy loops with an extra buoy to buoy turn in order to get the 5 mile distance I was shooting for.  Started out a little tight since I had the last 4 days off thanks to several different circumstances outside of my control.  But I'm back at it, and I have a big swim (my final big one before EC) planned at Bear Lake this weekend.  A legitimate double width crossing (around 14 miles).  Should be fun.


Total Distance: 5.06 miles in 2:43

No comments: