Thursday, July 17, 2008

Swimming in Bear Lake

Today we went to Bear Lake on "Rendezvous Beach". I rented a canoe and got Brad and Jacob to paddle out 1.5 miles (using GPS) from the beach. There were a ton of boaters and jetskiers so I'm glad we used the canoe. I wouldn't have felt good about swimming out there without a boat next to me.

I jumped out and eyed the beach and started swimming. I had to deal with very choppy water. I swallowed alot of water as I got pounded by the choppy water. Brad and Jacob were zigzagging to shore and I'm thinking I swam 2 miles rather than 1.5 miles. We were 1.5 miles from the beach from a straight line. The water was very clear and didn't have a bad taste. It took us 30 minutes to get out there by boat and an hour to get back on the swim. The water wasn't terribly cold and the wetsuit didn't make me too hot. It was perfect. Except for the choppiness I would have said it was a perfect swim.

3600 Yards total

No comments: