Wednesday, June 4, 2008

First time swimming with Wetsuit


Well both Cathi's and my wetsuit came yesterday. We tried them out this morning to see how they feel. Which is a good thing cause it was cold! It was cloudy all night and looked like it was going to rain.

Here is what I swam:

1000 Free
300 - 3 x 100's breast, one arm fly, free
700 - 7 x 100's free fast on 2:00 (1:13, 1:14 on all of them)
1000 - 5 x 200's free strong on 3:30
100 EZ
100 Grandpa swimming with Cathi

3200 Total

Here is a picture of the wetsuit with my head very obviously transposed on the body. I almost look this good. I just forgot to take a picture this morning and wanted to post the wetsuit on this blog. In fact this morning I hit an all time low on my weight - 198.6. I was 207 on Sunday. I've really kick started my new diet:

Breakfast and brunch snack:
  • 1 lb strawberries

  • 2 oranges

  • 2-3 bananas

Lunch and after lunch snack:
  • Green salad and 2 tbsp light ranch

  • 1 string cheese cut up over the salad

  • 1 small low cal polish sausage (210 calories)

  • 1 slice of bread with 2 tbsp honey on it

  • 1 can of fresca

Dinner and late evening snack:
  • Whatever delicious healthy thing Cathi cooks up! But not a ton, just one plate. No desert obviously!

  • 2-3 servings of fruit


I also bike/play racquetball/Elliptical/lift weights or swim for at least 2 hours a day combined. So all that exercise and fruit should get me down to my goal of 190 very soon! Only 8 more pounds to go. Cathi started a weight loss group just for the month of June so hopefully that will motivate me to finish this thing!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good work Gordon, good deal on the wetsuit! Always feel good to be eating so healthy, great job being active.