- Pull(ing) - Pool Buoy, Extra large hand paddles and sometimes ankle strap to totally restrict kicking.
- Kick or k - using a kick board. Feet only.
- 4-4-4: 400 warmup loosen, 4x100 warmup loosen, 4x50 warmup loosen NOT FAST
- 6-3-6: You take 3 strokes, breathing on the 3rd stroke, and then putting your head back in the water. You hold your extended arm in the streamline and kick 6 beats. Don't really worry about the actual beats, just count to 6. You then take 3 more strokes, not breathing until the 3rd stroke again, and repeat the 6-count
- 8-1-8: It's exactly like 6-3-6 but with an 8-1-8. So, one stroke and breathe, then put head back in the water and kick for an 8 count
- Ladder: a set that involves with an increasing distance and optionally back down. For example: 50, 75, 100, 100, 75, 50
- kdps - Kick, Drill, Pull, Swim
- 1-3Hx2 - descending sets with 3-4 fast. (Hold 3rd set twice)
- Texas 25's (or 50's): Start 5 yards from the wall, swim towards the closest wall do a flip turn and swim to the other side, do a flip turn and swim 5 yards from the wall.
This list will continue to grow as I find terms that I haven't previously defined.