Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Swimming in Bountiful Lake with Josh Green

This morning I met with Josh Green and his brother at 6:10 am at Bountiful Lake.



At first I was a little nervous as the water wasn't very clear. Tasted like dirt and brushed the bottom once near the start, but after a couple minutes I got used to the taste, and the lack of visibility (only about 2-3 feet). The first lap was slow, and Josh's brother called it good. Josh and I did two more laps and they went faster and more relaxed.

Josh's stroke is nice and smooth with no splashing. Looking very clean and effortless. Nice stroke for distance swimming. I stopped at every "corner" of the lake to let Josh catch up a bit. Our speed is pretty close. He was only 100 yards or so behind each corner. I didn't start my stopwatch in time, but we started at around 6:15am and got out at 8:00.

Josh's GPS read 3.3 miles. So with that here are the stats:

Distance: 3.3 miles (@ 6000 yards)
Time: 1:45

I forgot to bring my thermometer, but I'd estimate the water to be 78 degrees. Almost too warm. We had such a good time, we're planning on doing it again next Wednesday morning.

Here's Josh's post on the experience including actual GPS data.

No comments: