Thursday, December 6, 2007

At least its better than sitting in front of the TV

Tonight's workout on paper doesn't look that tough. But tonight my chest was sore. We were a few minutes late getting to the pool and I wasn't in the mood to start with. But we got through it. The hardest part about this workout was the backstroke. I seem to get water in my nose and swallow more water than I should when doing backstroke. My technique is really flawed I think. I'm having trouble staying level in the water. I end up bobbing quite a bit. Then instead of kicking myself for having a crappy day I said to myself "Even a bad day swimming is better than a good day sitting at home watching TV".

800 - 200 IM, 200 Back, 200 Breast, 200 Free
300 EZ
800 - 200 IM, 200 Back, 200 Breast, 200 Free
100 Warm down

2000 yards total

Jacob came this evening and swam 900 yards. Gave him some pointers on how he should originate his kicks from his hips and not his knees. Looks better already.

No comments: