Saturday, October 5, 2024

Another Conference talk involving a Seventy who nearly drowned as a kid

 This morning I got up at 7 and went to Layton SnS for the following workout:

250 Choice Warmup

4 sets of: 

    200 pull, 2 x 100's free on 2:00, 2 x 50's kick (no board)

On each of the 200's go faster.  First 2 x 100's I landed on around 1:40, and the last 2 ended up landing on 2:24 which was pretty dang good given how slow I am.  Felt good about that.

At this time I saw Joe Linford get in and we shared a lane for the last bit was the drill/cooldown:

10 x 25's sculling with pull buoy.  Use just hands, no cheating with forearms.

250 choice cooldown

Total: 2,750

Went home and listened to the General Conference and as soon as I heard one of the Seventies from Chile, Elder Villar explain how he as a child followed his older brothers into the surf at the beach.  I knew where he was going with this story right away.  Another near-drowning story.  Sure enough, as expected he explained that he was overcome by the power of the water and was saved by his older brother just in the nick of time when he thought he was done for.  It amazes me how common this is in talks at Conference.  Reminds me that water safety and drownproofing are so important unless you want to tie it into a spiritual lesson and share it with people at Conference.  Talk Summary


No comments: