Wednesday, May 15, 2019

Boats and Pools

You know what they say about boats right?

Boats are a money pit

Well what is the inverse of a boat?  A Pool

Instead of keeping water out, we're trying to keep water in.  Well this past week I've been dealing with water leaks.  Fortunately I haven't spent a ton of money on figuring it out, but I did get to the bottom of it.

What happened is the installed motor system is attached to the edge of the pool through the liner "above the water line".  Well I took off the shell of the motor system, and sure enough the screws holding it all to the edge of the pool is actually BELOW the water line.  So the installer told me to keep the water line too high.  The water depth needs to be below the top of the system.

At any rate, I've figured out what's causing the leak, so I got everything reassembled and went for swim tonight, keeping the water depth lower than the screws.  More later on how I can prevent water from still making its way through those points in the liner.

But tonight's swim was kinda tough.  I'm definitely not in swimming shape.  I set up a workout on the app where I did 4 sets of 800 with 1 minute rest between each.

Estimated distance: @3000 yards with 49 minutes of swimming

Looking forward to consistent workouts now that I have a functional pool.

No comments: