Wednesday, September 9, 2009

3 laps in Bountiful Lake and chatting with Kevin Mortensen

Met wet Josh at 6:20 at Bountiful Lake. We did two laps together and he had to go to work. I did one more lap. What a beautiful morning. It was cool with the steam coming off the water. I'll have to take my waterproof camera next time and capture that. The outside air temp was 59 degrees, the water temp 71 degrees.

When I got out a biker guy came around in the parking lot. He said Good Morning and stopped. I immediately recognized him once I saw his face. It was Kevin Mortensen. He swims at SDRC with the masters team. We talked for a good 10 - 15 minutes. I invited him to join us next Wednesday. Told him about the facebook open water group and the utahopenwater.org website. Hopefully we can get at least one more regular on Wednesdays.

Total Distance: @ 3.3 miles
Time spent: @ 1:25

1 comment:

Josh said...

That would be awesome if we could get another "regular" for Wednesday mornings! It's funny that you and I just talked about that before I left and then you ran into that guy you know.