Thursday, January 22, 2015

Surgery is complete!

So it has been two days after my shoulder surgery.  I took two days off work and then went in today. I just got off the phone with Dr. Gardiner.  He explained that the rotator cuff was torn 90% and had I kept swimming with it, I would have certainly torn it 100% within a few months.  He said it was in the same spot as the left side.  He also cleaned up the tendinitis that was causing irritation.

He said that I should again do my best with the physical therapy and should be able to get back to where I was.  This time however, the days of back to back 10K
swims are over.  I need to realize that yes there are times for long distances, but they need to be done after fully recovering fro
m the previous one.  This wear and tear on the shoulder can only happen so many times before it's plain old abuse of the body.

So I visit Dr. Gardiner again on Monday to get a report with pictures of what he did, but it was neat to have him call me personally to check up on me.  He did a fantastic job and I would highly recommend him to anyone who is in need of a quality job on their shoulders.

Cathi took the liberty of taking several pictures of me prior to surgery, so I gave her a couple of real goofy faces.  She was a real angel though afterwards, helping me out since I was totally out of it.  Drugs, they can come in handy when needed!

Looking forward to getting back in the pool!!!!!

No comments: