On the morning of Saturday, August 15th 2026, I got to the Bear Lake State Marina at 6am and quickly got the Fish Pro Seadoo in the water to get down to the south end of the lake at Rendezvous beach to meet Jarrett for his swim scheduled for 7am.
I got there at 6:50am and he was all lubed up, stretched and ready to go. David, his father loaded up his supplies and we were off starting at 7:04:22am. Conditions were awesome the entire first half of the swim, and gnarly in the middle for about 30 minutes or so and then cleared back up to very sunny and smooth conditions.
Here are the details:
I was extremely impressed with his technique. Really long and controlled freestyle. Based on his spm captures every 30 minutes, his total strokes for this swim were approximately 29,532, give or take about a thousand strokes. Doing the math on my Bear Lake length time and average SPM reveals that he is about 36% more efficient in his strokes. He makes it look so effortless, but he maintains a good pace!
He did so well. I'm very confident in his endurance and swim speed ability for next June's EC attempt. Now for some saltwater, cold water, and night swim training. He is planning his EC qualifier in San Francisco in November.
Submitting all this data to MSF for ratification....



No comments:
Post a Comment