Wednesday, October 16, 2024

Every Breath Feels Good

 Today during the sets of using a snorkel, I REALLY enjoyed those sets.  It's as if every time I breathe while swimming with face looking down in the water instead of breathing off to the side, it's as if each breath has a little more sweetness to it.  It actually felt really good to breath.  I think with my lungs being able to breath at will while swimming instead of having to time my inhale/exhale in rhythm with my stroke made the act of breathing feel wonderful.  



Here's the workout:

Warmup:

  • 300 free easy
  • 2 x 100's kick with fins
  • 2 x 150's free with snorkel
Main:
  • 4 x 100's IM
  • 4 x 150's Snorkel freestyle
  • 4 x 50's kick 
  • 4 x 200's Pull Build ( was able to get these around 2:50 which isn't great, but given the first two I'm intentionally holding back just a bit, and then building to strong on the 3rd and 90% effort or so on the last 50)
Drill:
  • 6 x 25's free - first 2 only get 4 breaths, second 2 get 3 breaths, last couple of 25's get 2 breaths
    • That was not that difficult actually. Didn't really have to hold my breath very much.
350 cooldown

3,300 yards total


No comments: