Tuesday, March 29, 2011

The joy of sleep

This morning I woke up at 4:00 am, but snoozed the alarm and I kept having dream after dream between snooze button.  I decided that my subconscious need some TLC, so I skipped this morning's 10,000 yards and let my REM sleep go.  Man was it worth it!  I felt so rested when I finally got out of bed at 7:20am.

On the way home from work I went to BL and swam around the island and back (1/2 mile) in 11:30.  The air temp was 49° F.  The water temp reading after the swim came in at 48.3°F.   I'm sure it was much colder in the middle about 2 feet down.  I got the shakes like normal, and they came and went in about 10 minutes total.  Hoping that in two weeks from today I'll be able to go all the way around the whole lake (1 mile).  As soon as it gets above 50° I'm going for it.

Now if I can just get to bed like at 9am I can get up at 4am everyday without being tired!

1/2 mile in 11:30

No comments: