Friday, December 16, 2011

The power of Chocolate

Last night after the polar bear swim, I picked up Cathi at the Salt Lake frontrunner station and we went to my company's party.  They had some delicious shrimp cocktail, but the thing I loved most was all the different dark chocolates.  I had like two plates of different kinds.  My favorite were the organic truffles.  They weren't sweet, but so delicious.  I felt justified eating all those chocolates because 5 minutes in sub 4° water equals around 2000 calories.  Yeah right!

Anyway this morning's swim was fantastic.  I was powering through it the whole time.  Had tons of energy and was going at a decent pace.  Thank you dark chocolate!

8000 - 2 x (2000 free, 2000 pull)
1000 kick with fins
2100 free
500 - 5 x 100's free on 1:30 nice and easy strokes (got all on 1:22)


10,600 yards total in 3:02

Still on a high from yesterday's polar bear.



No comments: