Thursday, January 16, 2014

Very disappointing hot water swim at Clearfield Aquatic Center

Tonight I took Jacob to Clearfield Aquatic Center for his Lifeguard Training Class.  I made my way into the one and only lane that was dedicated to lap swimmers.  I had to weave in and out of an old guy and a kid getting a private lesson.

I was hoping to get in 9-10K, but ended up only with 2K because the water temp was simply unbearably warm.  I took two readings with different thermometers and ended up with an average temperature of 86.2°F

I got in a really bad mood about it and instead of sticking it out, just got out.  I really hate that place.  I haven't swam there in over two years, and now I remember why.

100 free
200 IM
300 - 4 x 75' drill
400 kick fins
500 pull
600 - 3 x 200 IMs

2,100 yards DONE!  Almost a complete waste of $5.50

No comments: